BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Week That Was

I've had an excellent week in my banding life. To my surprise I cannot remember the last time I've eaten chocolate. Which is a big thing for me. Yay for Biddy! I'm craving fruits and salads and have gone to the shops several times this week to pick up fruit salads. I'm really thinking about my choices. And I'm really proud of myself.
Emotionally this week has been a little rough. Found myself teary a few nights this week. It seems everyone is getting married, having babies, moving from where I live, and following their dreams. And I feel incredibly trapped. I'm saving to travel. And I'm frustrated. I want to be following my dreams. I want outta the life I have right now. I feel like I'm waiting for my life... it's something that I will have to learn to accept, just for now.
Let's hope this week is a more positive week. That I can move forward, and learn to love being by myself. That new friends will come along soon, and that the life I'm working towards is as blissful as I'm imagining it!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

That's all great news re your band. I think pursuing your education at diploma level changes things too. Sometimes it starts to change the way you see things and you start to question what you've valued in the past. This is all part of the process - hard but worth it in the end. If I recall my year of being 21 was one of the hardest in my life - it's very transitional. Take care.

Anonymous said...

i'm 30 and everyone is still getting married! it never stops! focus on yourself and your goals. after seeing friends and family hook up and play happy families, i know the reality is that many just do it to 'fit in'...whatever that is! live YOUR life biddy! you don't know what goes on behind closed doors! eoralin x

Diz said...

Girlfriend...you're doing the right thing. You're learning to live the life you have now to prepare yourself for the life you want to live. My money is on you and your success! Yea chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Only you can change your life Bridget! You can do it! Take control! Keep saving to travel - it's good to make a definate goal so you make yourself do it.

Great work on the fruits and no chocolate. I suck at that!

Em :)

Lonicera said...

It feels as though the sadness is never going to end, that your life will never straighten out... but it does, really it does. Your working with the band means that you're not walking, but running towards the change that will inevitably happen.
Meanwhile, keep blogging!
Caroline

Lonicera said...

Bridget - you haven't posted in a while, and I hope that doesn't mean you're feeling sad. Have a brilliant Christmas, and hope you'll post about it.

Hug from Caroline

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie ! I hop you're fine ?! It's been a long time I didn't say Hi and I'm sorry for that ! hope you will forgive me ahahahah !! Smooches form Belgium !