BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The New Old Me Returns...

How to explain this???.....
For the last two months I lost my mojo. And I was constantly on the search to find what it was that happened to make me lose my path. I finally realised last week that a medication I was taking had side effects of depression. So I hopped off it after seeing my doctor and I am starting to feel much more Bridget like :0)
I've spent some of today cleaning- clear space = clear mind. I needed it. I need to be as on my game as I can for the start of uni. Nice and organised!!
As of this morning my weight is 88.9 kilos. I've lost 34.1 kilos and if I still want the goal of being 69 kilos I am 19.9 kilos away from it....!!! I am taking it two kilos at a time at the moment though- next goal is to be 87... I'd love to be 85 by July.... and 80 by August. But I have to be realistic. Weight doesn't just fall off after being banded for 15 months. I'll give it a crack. Would be nice to be 80 for my birthday in August though...
Taking back control of myself. Making plans again. Living like a single girl. (Yeah well I am- I can't wait around for the guy to decide for us to be together because its obvious that aint gonna happen. We are together but we arent. So why pretend to be with someone and make future plans when in reality you'll just end up hurt?)....
Had a little thought today.... The main reason I was starting this Uni course was because I wanted to become a health and wellness coach- working with people with weight issues (in particular people with the band) and help them unlock the key aspect of the journey which is their headspace. But it seems in the last few months the market has exploded and every man and his dog is getting on board and trying to make a couple of bucks... what will it be like in 3 years time? Honestly.... I really need to think about what else I want to do with this degree because I am worried that by then everyone will have "band overload" and it'll be too much. Thoughts?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I think your degree will open up lots of possibilities for your career - your initial motivation was to help others with weight issues but as time goes by you might be able to apply the skills and knowledge you learn to a lot of other areas - from personal life issues for people through to employment services for example. Go with the flow, don't worry too much about the end career - you'll find that uni opens up a world of possibilities. Mel

www.fatgirlslim.com.au said...

hey B..

Just because every man and their dog MIGHT be doing some form of 'lapband support/counselling' - does not mean that they would be the right type of person to do it... your heart would really have to be in it to be successful - and I am sure all the people that are in it to make a quick buck will be weeded out slowly but surely... it is really a sensitive issue!!! I know I wouldn't wanna discuss my deepest and darkest eesewes with some random....

have you considered doing a short course in counselling??? You know... before you plunge into a 3 year degree??? Would a 3 year degree even be necessary???? legally... it wouldnt... maybe consider it?

L xx