BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

What Needs To Be Done....

Saturday marks my year and a half banded. And in that time I've gone from a size 24 to a size 14.
Why is it that I am not more proud of myself? Why is it I am still pushing for more? Why is it that I cannot be happy with my weight in the here and now- and want that ever ellusive goal? Is it passion that drives me? Or is it fear? Fear that I'll have to learn to be happy at this weight, because I'll never get to the end result?
Should I be concerned about this? Or should I take this passion and use it to my advantage?
Does the question "if you cant be happy now, will you ever be happy?" need to be addressed?
I want to finish this. I want an end point. I want to see what 69 kilo Bridget is like.
I guess I'll just keep going and see where I end up....this new Bridget, Bridget in the 80s is old. I want Bridget in the 70s...
I'm off to go workout.... this challenge is brilliant. But not challenging enough. I need to add some spice- if I want to actually get to goal and not just talk about the fucker I better get my body moving...

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You're doing great - you'll get to 69 kg if you stay focused - I bet she's an awesome Bridget - just like the one that's writing now (funnily enough) - take care, Mel

Dianne said...

Hey Bridget - you will be happy & content when you get to where you want to be! Whether it's 73kgs or 69kgs - once you are there you will just know it. You are doing really really well and have come such a long way - but not quite far enough for your liking. You are looking fantastic and very proud as you should be. Soon sweets - soon you will be there and basking in your glory!!

Jen said...

Hey bridget - you took the words right out of my mouth, I feel exactly the same way!! I've been faffing around at the same weight for some time and it's really doing my head in. Jodie & I had a good chat and we're all about persistence!! I just have to keep turning up and keep pushing through, tweak a few things and eventually it will come. Congratulations on how far you've come, you should be VERY proud! Think back to how you felt before you were banded, I can barely recognise that same person and I couldn't be happier! We will get there!!! Jen - www.lapbandforthemind.com