BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good News

Dad went to the doctors today for results of recent blood tests- No more diabetes! I'm so so so incredibly happy for him. For years I was scared shitless that he wasn't going to be around to see my children or walk my down the aisle (even though I still reckon I will end up as the "cat woman") . But this is brilliant. Big big weight off my shoulders (now lets get rid of the other 25 kilos of weight! hehe)
Today I met up with the other facilitator of the new support group I'm involved with. She was banded a week before me and has lost 40 kilos. Well I felt like shit. Thats such an incredible loss. But in talking to her further she explained that she works out everyday and sometimes twice a day. Now as much as I wish I could do that- I definately couldn't do it. I just don't have the time, or honestly the energy. I am so used to guilting myself over things. I think I am automatically doing it over the exercise thing.
Anywhoo. The goal is to be under 90 for Xmas. I would love love love to be around 85. But thats not going to happen. I'll settle with 89. Or even 89.9!!
I know I keep saying "I have to go the the gym", Well I do. So I am. Tomorrow after work. Friday morning, and Saturday morning. 3 times this week. Better than nothing.

skinny "gonna kick that goal in the arse"biddy :0)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I wonder about those people who are exercising every day (and twice a day) and wonder whether it is somethine they'll be able to keep it up for the longer term. we can all do mad things for a few months but this is life journey not a sprint. I wouldn't compare with others if I were you, you're doing great. Mel

LapBandGirl said...

fantastic about your dad!!! That is wonderful news.

Unknown said...

So very exciting about your Dad - awesome!!! Such good news.