So the goal was to be 96 today. Did I make it??
I know I said I wasn't going to concentrate on scales but I can't help but feel super about this. 95..... I haven't been 95 since I was 19 and I was on Duromine- the WORST thing I ever did (I wanted to kill myself, had panic attacks, didn't eat, didn't sleep, ended up with a bulging disk because I worked too hard at the gym). I am so so so proud. And I honestly can't accept it. It doesn't feel real. I cannot absorb the weight loss from scales. Fuck, its a lot man.
This morning I went and got my nails done. In the last two weeks I've spent more time on me. It's given me a confidence boost making sure I look good all the time. Lol. Sounds so conceited but before I didn't think I deserved it. So nails look hot (and were dirt cheap!) and the fake tan looks awesome. I booked in to get a deluxe pedicure and parrafin wax (only $40- holy moley!) in two weeks also.
I was asked by a few people how my weight has dropped in the last few weeks. Remember a little while ago I was fed up with the plateau? Ok, heres my 'secrets":
- Weekly dinner meal plan. I have my dinners for the week written out and put on the fridge so I can make sure I am prepared and can't use any excuses for an easy not so healthy meal.
- Daily food diary. I write it in my 2008 diary. I write it the night before, making sure that I get as much protein/ calcuim/fruit and veg.
- Cutting out carbs. Of course lots of good foods have carbs but I'm talking about pasta mainly. I am making sure I am only having it once or twice a week.
- Cutting down snacks, keeping to the 3 meals a day. I know this comes with the level of restriction you have. I have an excellent restriction at the moment.
- "Do I really need that?" I ask myself before I eat EACH time. If I can't honestly answer "yes" then I have a think about it, ask myself WHY I want it. Cuts out the "bored" eating and emotional eating. I am lucky and don't have an emotional eating issue.
- Increasing incidental exercise. I am working harder now at work, making sure I am moving around more.
I think thats about it. Something just clicked with me, especially this week. I had enough off the plateau and I wanted to stop.
I have three more days off. I am planning to completely relax, mellow out and focus on being positive. Oh and studying. Lol.
Thanks for your comments on my last post- or any posts for that matter. I adore coming to my page and seeing I have new comments.
Di- I have always wanted to write a book..... thanks for making me think...
-skinny "bring on the next goal!" biddy :0)